Friends of Keystone-LaGrange Library
Everybody who uses the library is a friend, but some of us have come together to go one step further. We are making LaGrange and the Keystone area an even better place to live by building a local community organization to support our library’s mission to serve those who live and work in the Keystone school district by providing the best possible information and entertainment, arts and literature. We invite you to join us.
What do the Friends of the Library Do?
- We sell books and other donated items in our annual book sale.
- We are stewards of a Little Library situated outside the town’s old Fire Station located on the square.
- We organize volunteers to meet library needs.
- We raise money to supplement library services.
- We reach out to those who need assistance with books and reading.
- We engage in and support community activities.
- We support educational programs and special events.
What can you do to help the Friends?
- Volunteer your time to help us plan, organize and make our programs run smoothly.
- Volunteer your time to help us publicize our events and find new members and volunteers.
- Contribute money by signing up for a yearly Friends membership.
- Determine new ways to support the Keystone-LaGrange Library.
What do you get in return?
- Access to purchase of books prior to a community offering at our Friends annual book sale
- A tax-deduction for your membership—the Friends of the Keystone-LaGrange Library is a 501c3 organization
- The satisfaction of knowing that you have contributed to the lives of LaGrange residents by providing more options for their enjoyment of literature and information.
How much does it cost?
The Friends of the Keystone-LaGrange Library has seven membership categories:
- $500 - Lifetime Member
- $250 - Platinum Member
- $100 - Gold Member
- $50 - Corporate Member
- $25 - Bronze Member
- $20 - Individual Member
- $15 - Senior/over 60
- $15 - Youth Member/Under 18/non-voting
If you are able to donate above the level of the minimum membership dues, we encourage you to do so.
Membership forms can be picked up at the Library circulation desk or downloaded here.