Cascade of Authors | Author Applications
The Cascade of Authors is a local author fair held annually at the EPLS - West River location.
This year's 12th Annual Cascade of Authors is on Saturday, November 5, 2022, from 12:30 - 3:30 p.m.
Eight local authors will be selected. Each one will present a 15-minute discussion on their book(s). For the remaining time of the fair, the authors will host a table where they can interact with patrons, sell, and autograph their book(s).
Deadline | Deadline for applications is September 15, 2022.
Application Process | Applications will be accepted beginning July 1, 2022. See options for applying below. Starting mid-September, the Library will begin contacting authors for a brief interview. Interviews will be completed by early-October, and selected authors will be contacted.
Note: not all authors will be contacted for an interview; not all authors will be selected.
Rules and Expectations
- You must be a resident of Northeast Ohio.
- You must be a published author as of August 1, 2022.
- The fair is limited to authors who have at least one published print book. You will be expected to bring a copy with you to the interview.
- Due to high response, priority will be given to authors who have not participated in a previous Cascade of Authors fair. If you have participated in the past but have since published a new book, you will also receive priority.
- You must complete out the application linked at the bottom of this page. One application per person.
- The application asks you to list up to three published books. If you have more than three, please choose any three of your published books.
- The author is the person expected to present their book and host their table. Assistants are welcome.
- The 15-minute talk includes any setup and takedown.
- If you have a disability, please note it in the application, so the Library can accommodate you.
- If you are under 18, the name of a legal guardian must be listed in the application. This guardian must also accompany you to the program and will be the person to whom all Library correspondence will be sent.
- Selected authors must sign an agreement with the Library. A copy of the agreement is available here.
- Selected authors will have their photo taken and be asked for a brief 100-word biography for the Library to use in promoting the event.
- The author is responsible for handling their own monetary transactions. As well as having another person host your table during the author's 15-minute presentation.
- The Elyria Public Library is not responsible for damaged or stolen items.
- The Library will provide each author a table, two chairs, tablecloth and signage for the table. Due to space limitations and public safety, all materials provided by the author must fit on the table.
- The selected authors agree that the Library may use their names, title(s) of their book(s), cover art, images, biography, and website address in any promotional materials for the event.
Questions? | If you have any questions, please contact Kristine Garrett at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 440-324-9825.