Child Safety Policy
The Elyria Public Library welcomes and encourages children to visit the library. In today's world, the safety of children on Library premises is a serious concern.
- Parents and caregivers are responsible for the safety and behavior of their children visiting the library.
- Children under the age of eight years may not be left unattended.
- The library recommends children eight and older be accompanied by a responsible adult. If the adult feels it is unsafe for the child to leave the building without supervision, the child should not be left alone.
- Staff will not be placed in the position of supervising children, even for a very short time.
- Parents/caregivers are responsible for their children's behavior.
Please refer to the Behavior Policy for appropriate behavior.
- Parents/caregivers are responsible for the safety of their children on the Internet.
- In the event that the parents or caregivers cannot be reached, the children will be placed in the care of the Elyria Police Department.