The Non-Fiction Author Fair will be on Saturday, April 9, 2022.
All non-fiction local authors are invited to participate in a new book fair at EPLS Central located at 211 Second St. The book fair will include panel discussions, writer mini-workshops, and an authors row.
Deadline | Deadline for applications is Friday, November 5, 2021.
Application Process | Applications will be accepted beginning Friday, October 1, 2021. See options for applying below. Starting early-November, the Library will begin contacting authors for a brief interview. Interviews will be completed by mid-November, and selected authors will be contacted.
Note: not all authors will be contacted for an interview; not all authors will be selected.
Rules and Expectations
- You must be a resident of Ohio.
- You must be a published non-fiction author as of October 1, 2021.
- The fair is limited to authors who have at least one published print book. You will be expected to bring a copy with you to the interview.
- You must complete out the application linked at the bottom of this page. One application per person.
- The application asks you to list up to three published books. If you have more than three, please choose any three of your published books.
- The author is the person expected to host their table in the authors row. Assistants are welcome.
- If you have a disability, please note it in the application, so the Library can accommodate you.
- If you are under 18, the name of a legal guardian must be listed in the application. This guardian must also accompany you to the program and will be the person to whom all Library correspondence will be sent.
- Selected authors must sign an agreement with the Library. A copy of the agreement is available here.
- Selected authors will have their photo taken and be asked for a brief 100 word biography for the Library to use in promoting the event.
- The author is responsible for handling their own monetary transactions.
- The Elyria Public Library is not responsible for damaged or stolen items.
- The Library will provide each author a table, two chairs, tablecloth and signage for the table. Due to space limitations and public safety, all materials provided by the author must fit on the table.
- The selected authors agree that the Library may use their names, title(s) of their book(s), cover art, images, biography, and website address in any promotional materials for the event.
Questions? | If you have any questions, please contact Programs & Marketing Manager Jennifer Harmon at email@example.com or call 440-323-8698.