Check Out a Mobile Hotspot!
Mobile hotspots allow library cardholders who do not have home internet access to easily get online from almost anywhere using a wi-fi enabled device such as a phone, tablet, or laptop. Hotspots are available to check out from any EPLS location.
Hotspots are available for checkout and to request a hold beginning Monday, November 14, 2022. We are excited to offer this opportunity for connectivity to information, friends, family, fun, and more from your home, car, or while traveling right before the holiday season!
- Hotspots are available to EPLS card holders with a valid library card in good standing with current address on file.
- Patron must be 18 years of age or older to check out a hotspot and sign a lending agreement acknowledging the terms of service.
- The loan period for hotspots is 14 days.
- Hotspots can connect to up to 10 devices.
- Hotspots are not renewable.
- Holds may be placed on hotspots. Hold pickup timeframe is 2 days.
- Hotspots only work within the United States.
- Hotspot must be returned in person at any EPLS location.
- Overdue fees are $5/day. Overdue hotspots will be deactivated.
- The replacement fees for lost or damaged hotspots are as follows:
- Hotspot Device — $200.00 each
- Hotspot Case — $15.00 each
- Battery — $25.00 each
- SIM Card — $5.00 each
- Adapter Plug and/or Power Cord — $10.00 each
- To avoid damage, hotspots should be kept in a room temperature controlled environment. Do NOT leave in a vehicle.
- Hotspots must never be dropped in the return book drop. Hotspots could be damaged, and the patron would be responsible for the replacement costs. $25.00 fee for any hotspots returned in the book drop or to another non-EPLS library.